Monday, October 13, 2014

Listen: Run The Jewels ft. Zach De La Rocha – “Close Your Eyes And Count To Fuck”

Run The Jewels’ second free album RTJ2 is set for release on October 28th, till now El and Mike have shared two tracks, “BlockbusterNight Part 1” and “Oh My Darling Don’t Cry,” which have both been pretty great  but I’d be lying if I didn't mention my worry when I saw the guest list for the forthcoming LP. It’s not that I don’t like the names that were shared, I do, I‘m just not a big fan of guests on hip hop records, especially when the artist or artists in question already do a bang up job on their own.

“Close Your Eyes And Count To Fuck,” features former Rage Against The Machine frontman Zack De La Rocha, not just providing the vocals for the repeating hook, but also gifting us with a couple of versus. I can breathe easier as it’s still clear who’s running the show and gives me hope going forward that RJT2 is going to be just a solid as its predecessor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment