Thursday, August 28, 2014

Onomatopoeia Exclusive Download: /ˈjedˌīak/ - “Members Only EP ” Lorde vs. The Beastie Boys vs. G Unit

Day three of our super special Labor Day week of exclusive remix’s’and I’ve got another two song set for y’all to enjoy; I’m calling this one the Members Only EP and Lorde’s “The Love Club” set’s the backing for the two acapella’s of choice. First up, The  Beastie Boys’ “Body Movin’,”  a song that I actually never really liked; at least not in the context of the entire Beastie’s catalogue but then again it’s a rather large and rich catalogue. Following things up is G Unit’s ”Eye For An Eye,” which unintentionally seems timely to me since they made the news by closing out Chelsea Handler’s Late Night show run earlier this week.

I actually found something in the neighborhood of 30 possible combos’ could be done using “The Love Club” as the instrumental when making a mashup. I even toyed with the idea of doing all 30, releasing one a day for an entire month but I abandoned it as it seemed like a sure fire way to make something I enjoy doing into a task.

Listen, download and share from below and look back tomorrow for the next batch of celebratory tunes.

/ˈjedˌīak/ - The Body Club (Beastie Boys vs. Lorde)
Beastie Boys - "Body Movin'" vs. Lorde - "The Love Club"
Recorded August 2014 in LIC, NY
99.10 BPM Key Dm
Design By Jediak


/ˈjedˌīak/ - The Lorde Unit (G Unit vs. Lorde)
G Unit – “Eye For An Eye” vs. Lorde–“The Love Club”
Recorded August 2014 in LIC, NY
90.42 BPM Key Am
Design by Jediak

No comments:

Post a Comment