Thursday, November 8, 2012

Listen: Crystal Castles -"III" Full LP Stream


We’ve got a full stream of the new Crystal Castles LP, III, available for your listening pleasure. This was one of my more anticipated releases of 2012 so I’ve been listening to it a bunch the last couple of days. I would say III is closer to the duo’s second album more so than their first, further distancing themselves from the electronic noise that was characteristic of their earlier music, in favor of melody and straight up singing in some cases. That being said there still are some tunes that embrace the Crystal Castles sound of yesteryear and I have always equally enjoyed both sides of the band so it’s win win if you are of the same opinion as me. If anything I would say this record embraces that late 90’s techno sound more than ever but always with that unique CC twist to it that makes it their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment