Tuesday, August 7, 2012

R.I.P. Jason Noble of Rodan/June Of 44/Shipping News


Jason Noble, the guitarist/vocalist who performed in seminal bands Rodan, June of 44, and Shipping News has passed away. Noble had been battling a rare form of cancer called Synovial Sarcoma for three years, and suffered a fatal heart attack Saturday morning. I had the pleasure of seeing Jason perform numerous times over the years, having first heard his music back in the 90’s when I was still a teenager.  Those records still get plenty of play from me and his gift for songwriting is as inspirational as it was 15 years ago. While Jason’s contributions to the world of music may not have reached the mass’s to the same extent as some of his contemporary’s like Kurt Cobain, they were unequivocally inspiring and influential to people like me. 

A benefit mixtape that was compiled and released in June can be purchased HERE, and all proceeds will go directly to Noble’s family, R.I.P.

1 comment: